- Bridgewater couple killed in house fire - 41 weeks 4 days ago - Two people were killed in an overnight fire at a house in Bridgewater.
- Winter storm part II: Georgia says it's ready - 41 weeks 4 days ago - Fire up the salt trucks. Cancel after-school plans. Position the National Guard. Two weeks after a few inches of snow paralyzed Atlanta and embarrassed the state, Gov. Nathan Deal is tackling the latest round of bad weather with gusto.
- Goffstown boy, 2, recovering after bone marrow transplant - 41 weeks 4 days ago - A 2-year-old Goffstown boy is recovering after having a bone marrow transplant on Thursday.
- Police: Two juveniles arrested after residents find firecrackers in mailboxes - 41 weeks 4 days ago - Raymond police said two juveniles were arrested after several residents reported finding firecrackers in their mailboxes.
- Money Savers: Cobbler repairs shoes, saves wallet - 41 weeks 4 days ago - Walking around can cause wear and tear on shoes, but a local cobbler is helping people save money by repairing their tattered shoes.
- Sunday's snow makes for messy Monday morning - 41 weeks 4 days ago - Sunday's snow made for a messy commute on Monday morning.
- Police: Man arrested in connection with heroin death - 41 weeks 4 days ago - Police have accused a New Hampshire man of supplying some heroin that led to another man's death.
- College football star Michael Sam: I'm gay - 41 weeks 4 days ago - Michael Sam, an All-American defensive lineman from the University of Missouri, publicly revealed that he's gay Sunday, creating the possibility he'll be the first openly gay player drafted by the National Football League.
- Charges in Allenstown stabbing upgraded to first-degree murder - 41 weeks 4 days ago - Charges have been upgraded against the Barnstead woman accused of stabbing an 18-year-old in Allenstown.
- Man accused in Hudson stabbing due in court - 41 weeks 4 days ago - Police said on Jan. 28, Joshua McKinnon, 32, stabbed a man and woman near Bockes Road.
- 11-year-old wins $15,000 prize at Meredith fishing derby - 41 weeks 4 days ago - Crowds gathered in Meredith Bay on Sunday to find out the big winners in the 35th annual Great Meredith Rotary Fishing Derby.
- CEO of Northeast Credit Union killed in snowmobile accident - 41 weeks 4 days ago - Family and colleagues are mourning the death of Northeast Credit Union's president and chief executive officer in a snowmobile accident early Saturday morning.
- NH conservation districts offer pollinator education course - 41 weeks 5 days ago - The Cheshire and Hillsborough County Conservation Districts will offer a course this March to educate people on the declining number of pollinators in New Hampshire.
- Popular cellphone technology targeted by hackers - 41 weeks 5 days ago - Hacking has been in the headlines lately, with massive security breaches at retailers. But another type of hacking that targets cellphones is growing.
- Nowitzki has 20 to lift Mavs over Celtics - 41 weeks 5 days ago - Dirk Nowitzki scored 20 points and Shawn Marion finished with 11 points and 10 rebounds for Dallas in a 102-91 win over the Boston Celtics on Sunday, extending the Mavericks' winning streak to a season-high five straight.
- 1 killed, 2 injured in different snowmobile accidents - 41 weeks 5 days ago - From Friday into Saturday, New Hampshire Fish and Game conservation officer responded to reports of multiple snowmobile accidents, one resulting in a death.
- Apartment residents react to car crash - 41 weeks 5 days ago - Police said 18-year-old Samantha Murphy was under the influence of alcohol and likely speeding when she slammed into a building on Marlboro Street
- Bode Miller competes in men's downhill event - 41 weeks 5 days ago - Olympic veteran Bode Miller competed in the men's downhill event at the Olympics on Sunday.
- Vermont police search for missing New Hampshire man - 41 weeks 5 days ago - Michael Hayward, Jr., 42, was last seen Friday.
- Five favorite moments from the Sochi Olympics - 41 weeks 5 days ago - The first weekend of the Winter Olympics brought us moments of humor and technical problems from the Opening Ceremony, a skater's reaction that went viral and the sparkling debut of a sport where "stoked" and "dude" are part of a winning news conference.
|11/29/14||CHRISTMAS PARADE - TREE LIGHTING - SANTA ARRIVES!||(All day)||Downtown Wolfeboro||The annual Christmas in Wolfeboro Parade, featuring the arrival of Santa, is Saturday November 29th at 3:00pm. This family friendly event is always a great way to start the Christmas season. It's followed by the tree lighting ceremony and then Santa will be in his hut. For more information you can call 569-2200 or visit www.WolfeboroChamber.com|
|11/29/14||ROTARY CHRISTMAS TREE SALE||5:10 am||Clark Park - Wolfeboro||The Rotary Club of Wolfeboro's annual CHRISTMAS TREE SALE starts Saturday November 29th at Clark Park (across from Huggins Hospital) in Wolfeboro. Trees will be sold Thursdays through Sundays from 10am to 5pm until all trees are sold. A variety of species and sizes are available. 100% of net proceeds go to local charities and programs. Buying your tree from Rotary is supporting the community. For more information call 569-2141.|
|11/29/14||HOLIDAY CRAFT FAIR||9:00 am||Harriman Hale American Legion Hall - Wolfeboro||A HOLIDAY CRAFT FAIR featuring unique hand made items, farm products and plants will be held Saturday November 29th from 9am to 3pm at the Harriman Hale American Legion Hall on Center Street in Wolfeboro. In addition to crafts, breakfast and lunch will be available, as well as the popular raffle table. This is a fun family event that benefits the community projects of the American Legion Auxiliary. For more information call 569-4296.|
|11/29/14 - 11/30/14||HOLIDAY CRAFT FAIR||10:00 am||Opechee Conference Center - Laconia||A HOLIDAY CRAFT FAIR will take place at the Opechee Conference Center in Laconia November 30th through December 1st. For more info call 528-4014 or visit www.joycecraftshows.com|
|11/29/14||ARTS & CRAFTS FAIR||10:00 am||Brookfield Town House||There will be an ARTS & CRAFTS FAIR on Saturday November 29th from 10am to 3pm at the Brookfield Town House. You'll find the work of local artists at the juried event. Proceeds benefit the Brookfield Scholastic Recognition Award Fund. For more information call 522-6267.|
|12/01/14||PHOTOGRAPHY CLUB MEETING||7:00 pm||All Saints Church - Wolfeboro||Meet with local photography enthusiasts by joining the Lakes Region Photography Club. Meetings are at 7pm on the first and third Mondays of each month at the All Saints Church in Wolfeboro. Everyone is welcome to attend these enjoyable meetings to better your composition, formatting, framing and more. Call 569-3337 for more information.|
|12/02/14||AMATEUR RADIO CLUB||7:00 pm||Gilford Community Church||The Central NH Amateur Radio Club meets the first Tuesday of every month at 7pm at the Gilford Community Church. If you're interested in amateur radio you're welcome to attend. For more information call 581-2411 or visit www.cnharc.org|
|12/03/14||ADVANCED DIRECTIVES||1:30 pm||Huggins Hospital - Wolfeboro||Huggins Hospital and caregiver volunteers offer an informational session on Advance Directives covering the completion of forms to create a Living Will and a Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care on the first Wednesday of every month from 1:30pm to 2:30pm in the Huggins Hospital Cafe. For more information you can call 569-3714 or visit www.hugginshospital.org|
|12/04/14||GARDEN CLUB||1:00 pm||Ossipee Public Library||This month’s meeting of the Ossipee Garden Club will be held at the Ossipee Public Library on Thursday at 1pm. Garden club members meet on the first Thursday of each month. For more information you can call 539-2515.|
|12/04/14||TUFTONBORO HIKERS||2:00 pm||Willing Workers Hall - Melvin Village||The Tuftonboro Hikers will be meeting on Thursday December 4th at 2pm at the Willing Workers Hall in Melvin Village. After conducting business, there will be a cookie swap...bring 2-dozen/take 2-dozen. Refreshments will be served. For more information call 544-8663.|