- Bridgewater couple killed in house fire - 33 weeks 1 day ago - Two people were killed in an overnight fire at a house in Bridgewater.
- Winter storm part II: Georgia says it's ready - 33 weeks 1 day ago - Fire up the salt trucks. Cancel after-school plans. Position the National Guard. Two weeks after a few inches of snow paralyzed Atlanta and embarrassed the state, Gov. Nathan Deal is tackling the latest round of bad weather with gusto.
- Goffstown boy, 2, recovering after bone marrow transplant - 33 weeks 2 days ago - A 2-year-old Goffstown boy is recovering after having a bone marrow transplant on Thursday.
- Police: Two juveniles arrested after residents find firecrackers in mailboxes - 33 weeks 2 days ago - Raymond police said two juveniles were arrested after several residents reported finding firecrackers in their mailboxes.
- Money Savers: Cobbler repairs shoes, saves wallet - 33 weeks 2 days ago - Walking around can cause wear and tear on shoes, but a local cobbler is helping people save money by repairing their tattered shoes.
- Sunday's snow makes for messy Monday morning - 33 weeks 2 days ago - Sunday's snow made for a messy commute on Monday morning.
- Police: Man arrested in connection with heroin death - 33 weeks 2 days ago - Police have accused a New Hampshire man of supplying some heroin that led to another man's death.
- College football star Michael Sam: I'm gay - 33 weeks 2 days ago - Michael Sam, an All-American defensive lineman from the University of Missouri, publicly revealed that he's gay Sunday, creating the possibility he'll be the first openly gay player drafted by the National Football League.
- Charges in Allenstown stabbing upgraded to first-degree murder - 33 weeks 2 days ago - Charges have been upgraded against the Barnstead woman accused of stabbing an 18-year-old in Allenstown.
- Man accused in Hudson stabbing due in court - 33 weeks 2 days ago - Police said on Jan. 28, Joshua McKinnon, 32, stabbed a man and woman near Bockes Road.
- 11-year-old wins $15,000 prize at Meredith fishing derby - 33 weeks 2 days ago - Crowds gathered in Meredith Bay on Sunday to find out the big winners in the 35th annual Great Meredith Rotary Fishing Derby.
- CEO of Northeast Credit Union killed in snowmobile accident - 33 weeks 2 days ago - Family and colleagues are mourning the death of Northeast Credit Union's president and chief executive officer in a snowmobile accident early Saturday morning.
- NH conservation districts offer pollinator education course - 33 weeks 2 days ago - The Cheshire and Hillsborough County Conservation Districts will offer a course this March to educate people on the declining number of pollinators in New Hampshire.
- Popular cellphone technology targeted by hackers - 33 weeks 2 days ago - Hacking has been in the headlines lately, with massive security breaches at retailers. But another type of hacking that targets cellphones is growing.
- Nowitzki has 20 to lift Mavs over Celtics - 33 weeks 2 days ago - Dirk Nowitzki scored 20 points and Shawn Marion finished with 11 points and 10 rebounds for Dallas in a 102-91 win over the Boston Celtics on Sunday, extending the Mavericks' winning streak to a season-high five straight.
- 1 killed, 2 injured in different snowmobile accidents - 33 weeks 2 days ago - From Friday into Saturday, New Hampshire Fish and Game conservation officer responded to reports of multiple snowmobile accidents, one resulting in a death.
- Apartment residents react to car crash - 33 weeks 2 days ago - Police said 18-year-old Samantha Murphy was under the influence of alcohol and likely speeding when she slammed into a building on Marlboro Street
- Bode Miller competes in men's downhill event - 33 weeks 2 days ago - Olympic veteran Bode Miller competed in the men's downhill event at the Olympics on Sunday.
- Vermont police search for missing New Hampshire man - 33 weeks 2 days ago - Michael Hayward, Jr., 42, was last seen Friday.
- Five favorite moments from the Sochi Olympics - 33 weeks 2 days ago - The first weekend of the Winter Olympics brought us moments of humor and technical problems from the Opening Ceremony, a skater's reaction that went viral and the sparkling debut of a sport where "stoked" and "dude" are part of a winning news conference.
|10/01/14||HIKING TRIP||(All day)||Local Region||This Wednesday, the Active Outdoor Adults will be hiking at Knights Pond in Wolfeboro and Mt. Chocorua in Tamworth. For more information you can call 569-4568.|
|10/01/14||BINGO & LUNCH||10:00 am||Greater Wakefield Resource Center - Union||The Greater Wakefield Resource Center is hosting its Bingo and Senior Meals program starting at 10am at the Center in Union. The program is open to seniors for a donation of $3 and $5 for those under 60. To RSVP before the meal call 473-8324 or for more information visit www.greaterwakefieldresour...|
|10/01/14||FOOD PANTRY||10:00 am||All Saints Church - Wolfeboro||Serving those in need, the L.I.F.E. Ministries Food Pantry is open Wednesday from 10:00am to 1:00pm and from 5:00pm to 7:00pm. If you need assistance, or can help those who do, visit the Outreach Building next to the All Saints Episcopal Church on South Main Street in Wolfeboro. For more information you can call 569-0202.|
|10/01/14||SENIOR CENTER PROGRAM||10:00 am||All Saints Church - Wolfeboro||The Wednesday Wolfeboro Senior Center program starts at 10am. Activities include Tai Chi, knitting ping-pong and more. Luncheon is at noon. Everything takes place at the parish hall of the All Saints Church in Wolfeboro. A $3 donation is requested. For more information call 515-1385 or visit www.wolfeboroseniorcenter.org|
|10/01/14||RED CROSS BLOOD DRIVE||12:00 pm||Inn on Main - Wolfeboro||Give the "Gift of Life" by participating the in the American Red Cross blood drive on Wednesday October 1st from 12pm to 5:15pm at the Inn on Main in Wolfeboro. For more information on the Red Cross fall blood drive call 1-800-RED-CROSS or visit www.redcrossblood.org|
|10/01/14||ADVANCED DIRECTIVES||1:30 pm||Huggins Hospital - Wolfeboro||Huggins Hospital and caregiver volunteers offer an informational session on Advance Directives covering the completion of forms to create a Living Will and a Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care on the first Wednesday of every month from 1:30pm to 2:30pm in the Huggins Hospital Cafe. For more information you can call 569-3714 or visit www.hugginshospital.org|
|10/01/14||T.O.P.S.||4:30 pm||Ossipee Concerned Citizens Building||T.O.P.S. (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) meets weekly on Wednesdays from 4:30-6pm at the O.C.C. Building on Moultonville Road in Center Ossipee. For more information call 539-8090.|
|10/01/14||OUTDOOR ADVENTURE TALKS||7:00 pm||NH Fish & Game Headquarters - Concord||The NH Fish & Game Department is offering a series of free public OUTDOOR ADVENTURE TALKS this fall at their headquarters in Concord. On October 1st at 7pm Dave Priebe presents Hunting Dominant Bucks. Admission is free and no pre-registration is required. For more information call 271-3211 or visit www.wildnh.com|
|10/01/14||HISTORICAL SOCIETY PRESENTATION||7:30 pm||Wolfeboro Community Center||The Wolfeboro Historical Society is hosing a presentation by David Warren on Wednesday October 1st at 7:30pm at the Community Center on Lehner Street. David will show his Wright Musuem 20th anniversary quilt. The event is open to everyone and light refreshments will be served. For more information call 569-6491 or visit www.wolfeborohistoricalsoc...|
|10/02/14 - 10/04/14||BASS FISHING TOURNAMENT||(All day)||Lake Winnipesaukee & Winnisquam||Student bass tournaments have become a popular high school sports competition in NH. A qualifying tournament will take place on October 2nd on Lake Winnipesaukee with the state finals on Saturday October 4th on Lake Winnisquam. For more information call 228-8671 or visit http://nhiaa.org|