- Bridgewater couple killed in house fire - 50 weeks 4 days ago - Two people were killed in an overnight fire at a house in Bridgewater.
- Winter storm part II: Georgia says it's ready - 50 weeks 4 days ago - Fire up the salt trucks. Cancel after-school plans. Position the National Guard. Two weeks after a few inches of snow paralyzed Atlanta and embarrassed the state, Gov. Nathan Deal is tackling the latest round of bad weather with gusto.
- Goffstown boy, 2, recovering after bone marrow transplant - 50 weeks 4 days ago - A 2-year-old Goffstown boy is recovering after having a bone marrow transplant on Thursday.
- Police: Two juveniles arrested after residents find firecrackers in mailboxes - 50 weeks 4 days ago - Raymond police said two juveniles were arrested after several residents reported finding firecrackers in their mailboxes.
- Money Savers: Cobbler repairs shoes, saves wallet - 50 weeks 4 days ago - Walking around can cause wear and tear on shoes, but a local cobbler is helping people save money by repairing their tattered shoes.
- Sunday's snow makes for messy Monday morning - 50 weeks 4 days ago - Sunday's snow made for a messy commute on Monday morning.
- Police: Man arrested in connection with heroin death - 50 weeks 4 days ago - Police have accused a New Hampshire man of supplying some heroin that led to another man's death.
- College football star Michael Sam: I'm gay - 50 weeks 4 days ago - Michael Sam, an All-American defensive lineman from the University of Missouri, publicly revealed that he's gay Sunday, creating the possibility he'll be the first openly gay player drafted by the National Football League.
- Charges in Allenstown stabbing upgraded to first-degree murder - 50 weeks 4 days ago - Charges have been upgraded against the Barnstead woman accused of stabbing an 18-year-old in Allenstown.
- Man accused in Hudson stabbing due in court - 50 weeks 4 days ago - Police said on Jan. 28, Joshua McKinnon, 32, stabbed a man and woman near Bockes Road.
- 11-year-old wins $15,000 prize at Meredith fishing derby - 50 weeks 4 days ago - Crowds gathered in Meredith Bay on Sunday to find out the big winners in the 35th annual Great Meredith Rotary Fishing Derby.
- CEO of Northeast Credit Union killed in snowmobile accident - 50 weeks 4 days ago - Family and colleagues are mourning the death of Northeast Credit Union's president and chief executive officer in a snowmobile accident early Saturday morning.
- NH conservation districts offer pollinator education course - 50 weeks 4 days ago - The Cheshire and Hillsborough County Conservation Districts will offer a course this March to educate people on the declining number of pollinators in New Hampshire.
- Popular cellphone technology targeted by hackers - 50 weeks 4 days ago - Hacking has been in the headlines lately, with massive security breaches at retailers. But another type of hacking that targets cellphones is growing.
- Nowitzki has 20 to lift Mavs over Celtics - 50 weeks 4 days ago - Dirk Nowitzki scored 20 points and Shawn Marion finished with 11 points and 10 rebounds for Dallas in a 102-91 win over the Boston Celtics on Sunday, extending the Mavericks' winning streak to a season-high five straight.
- 1 killed, 2 injured in different snowmobile accidents - 50 weeks 4 days ago - From Friday into Saturday, New Hampshire Fish and Game conservation officer responded to reports of multiple snowmobile accidents, one resulting in a death.
- Apartment residents react to car crash - 50 weeks 4 days ago - Police said 18-year-old Samantha Murphy was under the influence of alcohol and likely speeding when she slammed into a building on Marlboro Street
- Bode Miller competes in men's downhill event - 50 weeks 4 days ago - Olympic veteran Bode Miller competed in the men's downhill event at the Olympics on Sunday.
- Vermont police search for missing New Hampshire man - 50 weeks 4 days ago - Michael Hayward, Jr., 42, was last seen Friday.
- Five favorite moments from the Sochi Olympics - 50 weeks 4 days ago - The first weekend of the Winter Olympics brought us moments of humor and technical problems from the Opening Ceremony, a skater's reaction that went viral and the sparkling debut of a sport where "stoked" and "dude" are part of a winning news conference.
|01/30/15 - 02/01/15||POND HOCKEY CLASSIC||(All day)||Meredith Bay - Lake Winnipesaukee||The 6th annual New England Pond Hockey Classic will be held Friday through Sunday January 30th to February 1st on Lake Winnipesaukee's Meredith Bay. This exiting event includes 225 teams from all over to compete on 20 lake rinks for the coveted trophy and pond hockey champ bragging rights. For more information and the schedule of events visit www.PondHockeyClassic.com/...|
|01/30/15 - 02/01/15||3-STATE SNOWMOBILE WEEKEND||(All day)||New Hampshire - Vermont - Maine||Registered Snowmobilers will have a chance to explore some new territory the weekend of January 30 - February 1 (Friday-Sunday) during the NH-VT-ME reciprocal snowmobile weekend, when you can operate in these other states. For information on how this snowmobiling program works call NH Fish & Game Department at 271-3211 or visit: www.wildnh.com/OHRV/recip_...|
|01/30/15||SENIOR CENTER PROGRAM||10:00 am||All Saints Church - Wolfeboro||The Wolfeboro Senior Center program for Friday starts at 10am. Activities include Bingo and more. Everything takes place in the parish hall of the All Saints Episcopal Church in Wolfeboro. A $3 donation is requested. For more information call 515-1385 or visitwww.wolfeboroseniorcenter.org|
|01/30/15||DANCERCIZE||12:30 pm||Ossipee Town Hall Gym||Enjoy an hour of fun & exercise with a low impact DANCERCIZE CLASS! Classes include line dance, walking, stretching & more...and you can work at your own pace. Classes take place Fridays from 12:30 to 1:30 at the Ossipee Town Hall Gym. For more information call 539-1307 or visit www.ossipeerec.org|
|01/30/15||GENEALOGY HELP||6:00 pm||Tuftonboro Free Library||For people interested in genealogy, the Tuftonboro Free Library offers help and answers to your research questions with session Friday from 6pm to 7pm. This program is free and open to all. For more information call 569-4256 or visit www.tuftonborolibrary.org|
|02/01/15||BREAKFAST BUFFET||7:00 am||Masonic Hall - Wolfeboro||Wolfeboro’s Masonic & Eastern Star organizations will hold a PUBLIC BREAKFAST on Sunday from 7-11am at the Masonic Hall across from the Nick. The BUFFET includes pancakes, bacon, sausage, home fries, scrambled eggs, breads, fresh fruit and much more. The cost is $9 per person. Proceeds support a wide range of charitable projects. For more information call 569-4307.|
|02/02/15||ART EXHIBIT||(All day)||Wolfeboro Public Library||During the month of February "The Art Group" (formerly known as Ossipee Riverland Artists League) is exhibiting work by member artists in a group show at The Wolfeboro Public Library. The exhibit is entitled "Colour for February". For more information call 569-2428 or visit www.wolfeborolibrary.org|
|02/02/15||ROTARY CLUB||5:30 pm||Wolfeboro Inn||The Wolfeboro Rotary Club meets weekly at the Wolfeboro Inn. The Monday meetings start at 5:30pm. If you're interested in the Rotary Club, and being a part of all they do for our community, you can find out more, including contact information, by visiting their website at www.WolfeboroRotary.org|
|02/02/15||PHOTOGRAPHY CLUB MEETING||7:00 pm||All Saints Church - Wolfeboro||Meet with local photography enthusiasts by joining the Lakes Region Photography Club. Meetings are at 7pm on the first and third Mondays of each month at the All Saints Church in Wolfeboro. Everyone is welcome to attend these enjoyable meetings to better your composition, formatting, framing and more. Call 569-3337 for more information.|
|02/03/15||FULL MOON SHOWSHOE HIKE||6:00 pm||Greater Alton Area||The Alton Parks and Recreation Department is offering a FULL MOON SHOWSHOE HIKE on February 3rd. Participants should register at least 5 days before the hike. Bring snowshoes, poles and a headlamp. Hikers under 15 must be accompanied by an adult. Hikes will be held based on weather conditions. To register, call 875-0109 or visit www.alton.nh.gov/ParksRec.asp|