- Bridgewater couple killed in house fire - 27 weeks 1 day ago - Two people were killed in an overnight fire at a house in Bridgewater.
- Winter storm part II: Georgia says it's ready - 27 weeks 1 day ago - Fire up the salt trucks. Cancel after-school plans. Position the National Guard. Two weeks after a few inches of snow paralyzed Atlanta and embarrassed the state, Gov. Nathan Deal is tackling the latest round of bad weather with gusto.
- Goffstown boy, 2, recovering after bone marrow transplant - 27 weeks 1 day ago - A 2-year-old Goffstown boy is recovering after having a bone marrow transplant on Thursday.
- Police: Two juveniles arrested after residents find firecrackers in mailboxes - 27 weeks 1 day ago - Raymond police said two juveniles were arrested after several residents reported finding firecrackers in their mailboxes.
- Money Savers: Cobbler repairs shoes, saves wallet - 27 weeks 1 day ago - Walking around can cause wear and tear on shoes, but a local cobbler is helping people save money by repairing their tattered shoes.
- Sunday's snow makes for messy Monday morning - 27 weeks 1 day ago - Sunday's snow made for a messy commute on Monday morning.
- Police: Man arrested in connection with heroin death - 27 weeks 1 day ago - Police have accused a New Hampshire man of supplying some heroin that led to another man's death.
- College football star Michael Sam: I'm gay - 27 weeks 1 day ago - Michael Sam, an All-American defensive lineman from the University of Missouri, publicly revealed that he's gay Sunday, creating the possibility he'll be the first openly gay player drafted by the National Football League.
- Charges in Allenstown stabbing upgraded to first-degree murder - 27 weeks 1 day ago - Charges have been upgraded against the Barnstead woman accused of stabbing an 18-year-old in Allenstown.
- Man accused in Hudson stabbing due in court - 27 weeks 1 day ago - Police said on Jan. 28, Joshua McKinnon, 32, stabbed a man and woman near Bockes Road.
- 11-year-old wins $15,000 prize at Meredith fishing derby - 27 weeks 1 day ago - Crowds gathered in Meredith Bay on Sunday to find out the big winners in the 35th annual Great Meredith Rotary Fishing Derby.
- CEO of Northeast Credit Union killed in snowmobile accident - 27 weeks 1 day ago - Family and colleagues are mourning the death of Northeast Credit Union's president and chief executive officer in a snowmobile accident early Saturday morning.
- NH conservation districts offer pollinator education course - 27 weeks 1 day ago - The Cheshire and Hillsborough County Conservation Districts will offer a course this March to educate people on the declining number of pollinators in New Hampshire.
- Popular cellphone technology targeted by hackers - 27 weeks 1 day ago - Hacking has been in the headlines lately, with massive security breaches at retailers. But another type of hacking that targets cellphones is growing.
- Nowitzki has 20 to lift Mavs over Celtics - 27 weeks 2 days ago - Dirk Nowitzki scored 20 points and Shawn Marion finished with 11 points and 10 rebounds for Dallas in a 102-91 win over the Boston Celtics on Sunday, extending the Mavericks' winning streak to a season-high five straight.
- 1 killed, 2 injured in different snowmobile accidents - 27 weeks 2 days ago - From Friday into Saturday, New Hampshire Fish and Game conservation officer responded to reports of multiple snowmobile accidents, one resulting in a death.
- Apartment residents react to car crash - 27 weeks 2 days ago - Police said 18-year-old Samantha Murphy was under the influence of alcohol and likely speeding when she slammed into a building on Marlboro Street
- Bode Miller competes in men's downhill event - 27 weeks 2 days ago - Olympic veteran Bode Miller competed in the men's downhill event at the Olympics on Sunday.
- Vermont police search for missing New Hampshire man - 27 weeks 2 days ago - Michael Hayward, Jr., 42, was last seen Friday.
- Five favorite moments from the Sochi Olympics - 27 weeks 2 days ago - The first weekend of the Winter Olympics brought us moments of humor and technical problems from the Opening Ceremony, a skater's reaction that went viral and the sparkling debut of a sport where "stoked" and "dude" are part of a winning news conference.
|08/19/14||GAME DAY||9:30 am||Ossipee Concerned Citizens Building||The Ossipee Concerned Citizens GAME DAY is held on Tuesdays from 9:30 to 11am at the OCC Building on Dore Street. Enjoy both games and lunch. For more information call 539-6851.|
|08/19/14||OVEREATERS ANONYMOUS||5:30 pm||Ossipee Valley Bible Church||The weekly meeting of Overeaters Anonymous takes place on Tuesdays from 5:30pm to 6:30pm at the Ossipee Valley Bible Church. For more information you can call 323-3369.|
|08/19/14||JAM SESSION||6:30 pm||Old White Church - Tuftonboro||This Tuesday from 6:30 to 9:30pm the Old White Church in Tuftonboro is host to a JAM SESSION featuring old time country, gospel and bluegrass music. Enjoy a night out with friends and neighbors for good music and fun. For more information call 569-3861.|
|08/19/14||WRIGHT MUSEUM EVENT||7:00 pm||Wright Museum - Wolfeboro||The Wright Museum of Wolfeboro summer lecture series "Tuesday Night at the Wright" takes place weekly at 7pm. On August 19th it's HONOR FLIGHT NEW ENGLAND. Admission is $7 or free for members. For more information call 569-1212 or visit www.wrightmuseum.org|
|08/19/14||REPUBLICANS MEETING||7:00 pm||Lino's Restaurant - Wakefield||The Wakefield, Effingham and Brookfield Republicans will be meeting on Tuesday August 19th at 7pm at Lino's Restaurant in Wakefield. The guest speakers will be Carroll County Commissioner Melissa Seamans and Amanda Bevard.|
|08/19/14||EASTERN STAR MEETING||7:30 pm||Masonic Hall - Wolfeboro||The Order of the Eastern Star (Warren-Alpha Chapter) in Wolfeboro meets on the 3rd Tuesday of each month at 7:30pm at the Masonic Hall. All Eastern Star members are welcome. For more information or questions please call 323-8289.|
|08/20/14||HIKING TRIP||(All day)||Local Region||This Wednesday, the Active Outdoor Adults will be hiking Hedgehog Mountain in Albany. For more information you can call 569-4568.|
|08/20/14||BLOOD PRESSURE CLINIC||9:00 am||Sugar Hill - Wolfeboro||There will be a BLOOD PRESSURE CLINIC at the Sugar Hill Community in Wolfeboro on Wednesday August 20th from 9am to 10am. The clinic is open to the public and conducted by VNA-Hospice of Southern Carroll County and Vicinity. For more information call 569-2729 or visit www.vnahospice.net|
|08/20/14||BINGO & LUNCH||10:00 am||Greater Wakefield Resource Center - Union||The Greater Wakefield Resource Center is hosting its Bingo and Senior Meals program starting at 10am at the Center in Union. The program is open to seniors for a donation of $3 and $5 for those under 60. To RSVP before the meal call 473-8324 or for more information visit www.greaterwakefieldresour...|
|08/20/14||FOOD PANTRY||10:00 am||All Saints Church - Wolfeboro||Serving those in need, the L.I.F.E. Ministries Food Pantry is open Wednesday from 10:00am to 1:00pm and from 5:00pm to 7:00pm. If you need assistance, or can help those who do, visit the Outreach Building next to the All Saints Episcopal Church on South Main Street in Wolfeboro. For more information you can call 569-0202.|