- Bridgewater couple killed in house fire - 1 year 34 weeks ago - Two people were killed in an overnight fire at a house in Bridgewater.
- Winter storm part II: Georgia says it's ready - 1 year 34 weeks ago - Fire up the salt trucks. Cancel after-school plans. Position the National Guard. Two weeks after a few inches of snow paralyzed Atlanta and embarrassed the state, Gov. Nathan Deal is tackling the latest round of bad weather with gusto.
- Goffstown boy, 2, recovering after bone marrow transplant - 1 year 34 weeks ago - A 2-year-old Goffstown boy is recovering after having a bone marrow transplant on Thursday.
- Police: Two juveniles arrested after residents find firecrackers in mailboxes - 1 year 34 weeks ago - Raymond police said two juveniles were arrested after several residents reported finding firecrackers in their mailboxes.
- Money Savers: Cobbler repairs shoes, saves wallet - 1 year 34 weeks ago - Walking around can cause wear and tear on shoes, but a local cobbler is helping people save money by repairing their tattered shoes.
- Sunday's snow makes for messy Monday morning - 1 year 34 weeks ago - Sunday's snow made for a messy commute on Monday morning.
- Police: Man arrested in connection with heroin death - 1 year 34 weeks ago - Police have accused a New Hampshire man of supplying some heroin that led to another man's death.
- College football star Michael Sam: I'm gay - 1 year 34 weeks ago - Michael Sam, an All-American defensive lineman from the University of Missouri, publicly revealed that he's gay Sunday, creating the possibility he'll be the first openly gay player drafted by the National Football League.
- Charges in Allenstown stabbing upgraded to first-degree murder - 1 year 34 weeks ago - Charges have been upgraded against the Barnstead woman accused of stabbing an 18-year-old in Allenstown.
- Man accused in Hudson stabbing due in court - 1 year 34 weeks ago - Police said on Jan. 28, Joshua McKinnon, 32, stabbed a man and woman near Bockes Road.
- 11-year-old wins $15,000 prize at Meredith fishing derby - 1 year 34 weeks ago - Crowds gathered in Meredith Bay on Sunday to find out the big winners in the 35th annual Great Meredith Rotary Fishing Derby.
- CEO of Northeast Credit Union killed in snowmobile accident - 1 year 34 weeks ago - Family and colleagues are mourning the death of Northeast Credit Union's president and chief executive officer in a snowmobile accident early Saturday morning.
- NH conservation districts offer pollinator education course - 1 year 34 weeks ago - The Cheshire and Hillsborough County Conservation Districts will offer a course this March to educate people on the declining number of pollinators in New Hampshire.
- Popular cellphone technology targeted by hackers - 1 year 34 weeks ago - Hacking has been in the headlines lately, with massive security breaches at retailers. But another type of hacking that targets cellphones is growing.
- Nowitzki has 20 to lift Mavs over Celtics - 1 year 34 weeks ago - Dirk Nowitzki scored 20 points and Shawn Marion finished with 11 points and 10 rebounds for Dallas in a 102-91 win over the Boston Celtics on Sunday, extending the Mavericks' winning streak to a season-high five straight.
- 1 killed, 2 injured in different snowmobile accidents - 1 year 34 weeks ago - From Friday into Saturday, New Hampshire Fish and Game conservation officer responded to reports of multiple snowmobile accidents, one resulting in a death.
- Apartment residents react to car crash - 1 year 34 weeks ago - Police said 18-year-old Samantha Murphy was under the influence of alcohol and likely speeding when she slammed into a building on Marlboro Street
- Bode Miller competes in men's downhill event - 1 year 34 weeks ago - Olympic veteran Bode Miller competed in the men's downhill event at the Olympics on Sunday.
- Vermont police search for missing New Hampshire man - 1 year 34 weeks ago - Michael Hayward, Jr., 42, was last seen Friday.
- Five favorite moments from the Sochi Olympics - 1 year 34 weeks ago - The first weekend of the Winter Olympics brought us moments of humor and technical problems from the Opening Ceremony, a skater's reaction that went viral and the sparkling debut of a sport where "stoked" and "dude" are part of a winning news conference.
|10/09/15||SENIOR CENTER||10:00 am||All Saints Church - Wolfeboro||The Friday Wolfeboro Senior Center program takes place in the parish hall of the All Saints Church in Wolfeboro. Activities start at 10am with bingo. A luncheon is served at noon with a $3 donation requested. For more information call 515-1385 or visit www.wolfeboroseniorcenter.org|
|10/09/15||DANCERCIZE||12:30 pm||Ossipee Town Hall Gym||Enjoy an hour of fun & exercise with a low impact DANCERCIZE CLASS! Classes include line dance, walking, stretching & more...and you can work at your own pace. Classes take place Fridays from 12:30 to 1:30 at the Ossipee Town Hall Gym. For more information call 539-1307 or visit www.ossipeerec.org|
|10/09/15||GAME NIGHT||7:00 pm||Tuftonboro Free Library||Friday is GAME NIGHT at the Tuftonboro Free Library. Get together with others to play cribbage, dominoes, solitaire or bring your own game to share. The fun starts at 7pm in the Hamel meeting room. For more information call 569-4256.|
|10/10/15 - 10/12/15||SANDWICH FAIR||(All day)||Sandwich Fairgounds||One of the most popular events of fall in this area is THE SANDWICH FAIR. This year's fair runs October 10-12. The fair started over one-hundred years ago and offers animal competitions, a lumberjack competition, food, craft events, and of course rides. For information call 284-7062 or visit www.thesandwichfair.com|
|10/10/15 - 10/11/15||LIBBY MUSEUM||(All day)||Libby Museum - Wolfeboro||With summer having passed, if you didn't get to the Libby Museum in Wolfeboro with family or friends, get there for this final weekend of the year. The museum is open Saturday from 10-4 and Sunday from 12-4. For more information call 569-1035 or visit http://www.wolfeboronh.us/...|
|10/10/15||PANCAKE BREAKFAST||7:30 am||First Congregational Church - Wolfeboro||The Wolfeboro Nursery School's annual All You Can Eat Pancake Breakfast is Saturday October 10th from 7:30am-10:30am at the First Congregational Church in Wolfeboro. The cost is $8/per person and children under two are free! Proceeds benefit the Wolfeboro Nursery School. For more information call 569-4454 or visit www.wolfeboronurseryschool...|
|10/10/15||WRITERS GROUP||10:00 am||Tuftonboro Free Library||Writers of Tuftonboro can join together at the "writers' group" at the Tuftonboro Free Library on Saturday from 10am to noon. Writers of all ages and genres are welcome. For more information call 569-4256 or visit www.tuftonborolibrary.org|
|10/11/15||BREAKFAST BUFFET||7:30 am||Ossipee Valley Masonic Lodge||The Masons of the Carroll and Ossipee Valley Lodges are serving up breakfast for you on Sunday from 7:30 to 11 a.m. at the Masonic Lodge on Route 25. The cost is only $10.00 per person. For more information call 323-7313 or visit www.nhmasons.org|
|10/11/15||RUNNING DEER||10:00 am||Farmington Fish & Game Club - New Durham||On Sunday from 10am to noon the Farmington Fish and Game Club in New Durham will have a RUNNING DEER SHOOT using a motorized target. It's a great way to sharpen your skills and its fun for spectators. For more information visit www.farmingtonfishandgamec...|
|10/12/15||BINGO & LUNCH||10:00 am||Greater Wakefield Resource Center - Union||The Greater Wakefield Resource Center is hosting its Bingo and Senior Meals program starting at 10am at the Center in Union. The program is open to seniors for a donation of $3 and $5 for those under 60. To RSVP before the meal call 473-8324 or for more information visit www.greaterwakefieldresour...|