- Bridgewater couple killed in house fire - 31 weeks 5 days ago - Two people were killed in an overnight fire at a house in Bridgewater.
- Winter storm part II: Georgia says it's ready - 31 weeks 5 days ago - Fire up the salt trucks. Cancel after-school plans. Position the National Guard. Two weeks after a few inches of snow paralyzed Atlanta and embarrassed the state, Gov. Nathan Deal is tackling the latest round of bad weather with gusto.
- Goffstown boy, 2, recovering after bone marrow transplant - 31 weeks 5 days ago - A 2-year-old Goffstown boy is recovering after having a bone marrow transplant on Thursday.
- Police: Two juveniles arrested after residents find firecrackers in mailboxes - 31 weeks 5 days ago - Raymond police said two juveniles were arrested after several residents reported finding firecrackers in their mailboxes.
- Money Savers: Cobbler repairs shoes, saves wallet - 31 weeks 5 days ago - Walking around can cause wear and tear on shoes, but a local cobbler is helping people save money by repairing their tattered shoes.
- Sunday's snow makes for messy Monday morning - 31 weeks 5 days ago - Sunday's snow made for a messy commute on Monday morning.
- Police: Man arrested in connection with heroin death - 31 weeks 5 days ago - Police have accused a New Hampshire man of supplying some heroin that led to another man's death.
- College football star Michael Sam: I'm gay - 31 weeks 5 days ago - Michael Sam, an All-American defensive lineman from the University of Missouri, publicly revealed that he's gay Sunday, creating the possibility he'll be the first openly gay player drafted by the National Football League.
- Charges in Allenstown stabbing upgraded to first-degree murder - 31 weeks 5 days ago - Charges have been upgraded against the Barnstead woman accused of stabbing an 18-year-old in Allenstown.
- Man accused in Hudson stabbing due in court - 31 weeks 5 days ago - Police said on Jan. 28, Joshua McKinnon, 32, stabbed a man and woman near Bockes Road.
- 11-year-old wins $15,000 prize at Meredith fishing derby - 31 weeks 5 days ago - Crowds gathered in Meredith Bay on Sunday to find out the big winners in the 35th annual Great Meredith Rotary Fishing Derby.
- CEO of Northeast Credit Union killed in snowmobile accident - 31 weeks 5 days ago - Family and colleagues are mourning the death of Northeast Credit Union's president and chief executive officer in a snowmobile accident early Saturday morning.
- NH conservation districts offer pollinator education course - 31 weeks 5 days ago - The Cheshire and Hillsborough County Conservation Districts will offer a course this March to educate people on the declining number of pollinators in New Hampshire.
- Popular cellphone technology targeted by hackers - 31 weeks 5 days ago - Hacking has been in the headlines lately, with massive security breaches at retailers. But another type of hacking that targets cellphones is growing.
- Nowitzki has 20 to lift Mavs over Celtics - 31 weeks 5 days ago - Dirk Nowitzki scored 20 points and Shawn Marion finished with 11 points and 10 rebounds for Dallas in a 102-91 win over the Boston Celtics on Sunday, extending the Mavericks' winning streak to a season-high five straight.
- 1 killed, 2 injured in different snowmobile accidents - 31 weeks 5 days ago - From Friday into Saturday, New Hampshire Fish and Game conservation officer responded to reports of multiple snowmobile accidents, one resulting in a death.
- Apartment residents react to car crash - 31 weeks 5 days ago - Police said 18-year-old Samantha Murphy was under the influence of alcohol and likely speeding when she slammed into a building on Marlboro Street
- Bode Miller competes in men's downhill event - 31 weeks 5 days ago - Olympic veteran Bode Miller competed in the men's downhill event at the Olympics on Sunday.
- Vermont police search for missing New Hampshire man - 31 weeks 5 days ago - Michael Hayward, Jr., 42, was last seen Friday.
- Five favorite moments from the Sochi Olympics - 31 weeks 5 days ago - The first weekend of the Winter Olympics brought us moments of humor and technical problems from the Opening Ceremony, a skater's reaction that went viral and the sparkling debut of a sport where "stoked" and "dude" are part of a winning news conference.
|09/19/14 - 09/21/14||NH HIGHLAND GAMES||(All day)||Loon Mountain - Lincoln||One of New Hampshire's most popular autumn events, THE NH HIGHLAND GAMES & FESTIVAL, is being held September 19-21 at Loon Mountain in Lincoln. For more information call 800-358-7268 or visit www.nhscott.org|
|09/20/14 - 09/21/14||NASCAR IN NH||(All day)||New Hampshire Motor Speedway||Saturday September 20th NASCAR drivers are at NH Motor Speedway in Loudon to race in the NASCAR Truck & Whelen Modified Series. On Sunday the 21st drivers will race in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. Lots of other events surround this weekend of racing. For more information call 783-4931 or visit www.nhms.com|
|09/20/14||HOMEBUYER SEMINAR||8:00 am||Belknap Mall - Belmont||A free Homebuyer Seminar is being offered by the Laconia Area Community Land Trust on Saturday September 20th from 8am to 4pm at the Belknap Mall. Topics include: Credit and Budgeting / Qualifying for a Mortgage / Working with a Realtor / The Home Inspection Process / And the Closing Process. For more information call 524-0747 or visit www.laclt.org|
|09/20/14||5K / 10K ROAD RACE||8:30 am||Saint Katharine Drexel Church - Alton||The Saint Katharine Drexel Church 5K / 10K Certified Road Race will take place on Saturday September 20th with registration starting at 7am and the race starting at 8:30am. Proceeds from the race benefit community outreach efforts. For more information call 875-2548 or visit www.stkdrexel.com|
|09/20/14||HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE COLLECTION DAY||8:30 am||Household Hazardous Waste Facility - Wolfeboro||Household hazardous wastes can be properly disposed of through the facilities of the Lakes Region Household Hazardous Waste Facility on Beach Pond Road in Wolfeboro on HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE COLLECTION DAY on Saturday September 20th from 8:30am to noon. For more information, including which materials are accepted, call 651-7530.|
|09/20/14||FALL FESTIVAL CRAFT FAIR||9:00 am||Harriman Hale American Legion Hall - Wolfeboro||The FALL FESTIVAL CRAFT FAIR featuring unique hand made items, farm products and raffle will be held Saturday September 20th from 9am to 3pm at the Harriman Hale American Legion Hall on Center Street in Wolfeboro. In addition, breakfast and lunch will be available at this indoor fair. This is a fun family event that benefits the community projects of the American Legion Auxiliary. For more information call 569-4296.|
|09/20/14||SPORTING EXPO||10:00 am||NH Fish & Game Headquarters - Concord||The NH Fish & Game Department is holding a SPORTING EXPO for the fall hunting and fishing season in Concord on Saturday September 20th from 10am to 2pm and admission is FREE. You'll find all kinds of exhibits, new products to see and try, meet expert guides to answer all your questions plus try the archery and air rifle range. There will be food, entertainment and raffles. For more information call 271-3211 or visit www.wildnh.com|
|09/20/14||MOOSE MTN. JAZZ BAND||4:00 pm||Wakefield Opera House - Sanbornville||At 4pm on Saturday September 20th the Wakefield Opera House presents the MOOSE MOUNTAIN JAZZ BAND in a concert of live Dixieland Jazz. Their music is happy, foot-tapping, party jazz. For tickets or more information call 522-0126 or visit www.WakefieldOperaHouse.org|
|09/20/14||HANANI AND FISK CONCERT||7:30 pm||All Saints Church - Wolfeboro||The Wolfeboro Friends of Music launch their seventy-ninth season with American guitar master Eliot Fisk joining acclaimed cellist Yehuda Hanani in a varied, unconventional duo recital. The concert is Saturday September 20th at 7:30pm at the All Saints Church in Wolfeboro. For tickets or more information contact the Wolfeboro Friends of Music at 569-2151 or visit www.wfriendsofmusic.org|
|09/22/14||SENIOR CENTER PROGRAM||10:00 am||All Saints Church - Wolfeboro||This Monday the Wolfeboro Senior Center program starts at 10am with BINGO. Activities include yoga, Mah Jong, bridge and watercolor painting. Luncheon is at noon. It all takes place at the parish hall of the All Saints Episcopal Church in Wolfeboro. A $3 donation is requested. For more information call 515-1385 or visit www.wolfeboroseniorcenter.org|