- Bridgewater couple killed in house fire - 36 weeks 4 days ago - Two people were killed in an overnight fire at a house in Bridgewater.
- Winter storm part II: Georgia says it's ready - 36 weeks 4 days ago - Fire up the salt trucks. Cancel after-school plans. Position the National Guard. Two weeks after a few inches of snow paralyzed Atlanta and embarrassed the state, Gov. Nathan Deal is tackling the latest round of bad weather with gusto.
- Goffstown boy, 2, recovering after bone marrow transplant - 36 weeks 4 days ago - A 2-year-old Goffstown boy is recovering after having a bone marrow transplant on Thursday.
- Police: Two juveniles arrested after residents find firecrackers in mailboxes - 36 weeks 4 days ago - Raymond police said two juveniles were arrested after several residents reported finding firecrackers in their mailboxes.
- Money Savers: Cobbler repairs shoes, saves wallet - 36 weeks 4 days ago - Walking around can cause wear and tear on shoes, but a local cobbler is helping people save money by repairing their tattered shoes.
- Sunday's snow makes for messy Monday morning - 36 weeks 5 days ago - Sunday's snow made for a messy commute on Monday morning.
- Police: Man arrested in connection with heroin death - 36 weeks 5 days ago - Police have accused a New Hampshire man of supplying some heroin that led to another man's death.
- College football star Michael Sam: I'm gay - 36 weeks 5 days ago - Michael Sam, an All-American defensive lineman from the University of Missouri, publicly revealed that he's gay Sunday, creating the possibility he'll be the first openly gay player drafted by the National Football League.
- Charges in Allenstown stabbing upgraded to first-degree murder - 36 weeks 5 days ago - Charges have been upgraded against the Barnstead woman accused of stabbing an 18-year-old in Allenstown.
- Man accused in Hudson stabbing due in court - 36 weeks 5 days ago - Police said on Jan. 28, Joshua McKinnon, 32, stabbed a man and woman near Bockes Road.
- 11-year-old wins $15,000 prize at Meredith fishing derby - 36 weeks 5 days ago - Crowds gathered in Meredith Bay on Sunday to find out the big winners in the 35th annual Great Meredith Rotary Fishing Derby.
- CEO of Northeast Credit Union killed in snowmobile accident - 36 weeks 5 days ago - Family and colleagues are mourning the death of Northeast Credit Union's president and chief executive officer in a snowmobile accident early Saturday morning.
- NH conservation districts offer pollinator education course - 36 weeks 5 days ago - The Cheshire and Hillsborough County Conservation Districts will offer a course this March to educate people on the declining number of pollinators in New Hampshire.
- Popular cellphone technology targeted by hackers - 36 weeks 5 days ago - Hacking has been in the headlines lately, with massive security breaches at retailers. But another type of hacking that targets cellphones is growing.
- Nowitzki has 20 to lift Mavs over Celtics - 36 weeks 5 days ago - Dirk Nowitzki scored 20 points and Shawn Marion finished with 11 points and 10 rebounds for Dallas in a 102-91 win over the Boston Celtics on Sunday, extending the Mavericks' winning streak to a season-high five straight.
- 1 killed, 2 injured in different snowmobile accidents - 36 weeks 5 days ago - From Friday into Saturday, New Hampshire Fish and Game conservation officer responded to reports of multiple snowmobile accidents, one resulting in a death.
- Apartment residents react to car crash - 36 weeks 5 days ago - Police said 18-year-old Samantha Murphy was under the influence of alcohol and likely speeding when she slammed into a building on Marlboro Street
- Bode Miller competes in men's downhill event - 36 weeks 5 days ago - Olympic veteran Bode Miller competed in the men's downhill event at the Olympics on Sunday.
- Vermont police search for missing New Hampshire man - 36 weeks 5 days ago - Michael Hayward, Jr., 42, was last seen Friday.
- Five favorite moments from the Sochi Olympics - 36 weeks 5 days ago - The first weekend of the Winter Olympics brought us moments of humor and technical problems from the Opening Ceremony, a skater's reaction that went viral and the sparkling debut of a sport where "stoked" and "dude" are part of a winning news conference.
|10/25/14||CHURCH SUPPER||5:00 pm||United Methodist Church - Tuftonboro||The Tuftonboro United Methodist on Route 171 is having a Church Supper on Saturday October 25th with two seatings...one at 5:00pm and one at 6:30pm. The menu features roast pork with stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, carrots, coleslaw, applesauce, rolls and pies. For reservations or questions you can call 569-2097.|
|10/25/14||GUITARIST ED GERHARD||7:00 pm||Wakefield Opera House - Sanbornville||GRAMMY® Award-winning Guitarist Ed Gerhard’s music has touched audiences all over the world. Performing on 6-string, slide guitar or Acoustic Hawaiian Lap Slide, Gerhard’s virtuosity, generosity and sly humor shine through. His distinctive touch is unmistakable. Don't miss him in concert on Saturday October 25th at 7pm at the Wakefield Opera House in Sanbornville. For tickets or more information call 664-7200 or visit www.WakefieldOperaHouse.org|
|10/25/14||KARAOKE FUNDRAISER||7:00 pm||Sunny Villa - Ossipee||The Ossipee Main Street group is having a Pasta Buffet and Karaoke Nite fundraiser for theh park gazebo on Saturday October 25th from 7pm to 11pm at the Sunny Villa in Ossipee. There will also be an auction and raffle items. For information call 539-7200.|
|10/26/14||BREAKFAST BUFFET||7:30 am||Ossipee Valley Masonic Lodge||The Masons of the Carroll and Ossipee Valley Lodges are serving up breakfast for you on Sunday from 7:30 to 11 a.m. at the Masonic Lodge on Route 25. The cost is only $10.00 per person. For more information call 323-7313 or visit www.nhmasons.org|
|10/26/14||RUNNING DEER||10:00 am||Farmington Fish & Game Club - New Durham||On Sunday from 10am to noon the Farmington Fish and Game Club in New Durham will have a RUNNING DEER SHOOT using a motorized target. It's a great way to sharpen your skills and its fun for spectators. For more information and additional practice dates call 859-3474 or visit www.farmingtonfishandgamec...|
|10/26/14||HYMN SINGING||6:30 pm||United Methodist Church - Sanbornville||The United Methodist Church of Sanbornville is hosting its monthly HYMN SINGING on Sunday from 6:30pm at 7:30pm at the Church on 171 Meadow Road (Route 109). Come with family and friends. Refreshments will be served. Call 522-3323 for more information.|
|10/27/14||SENIOR CENTER PROGRAM||10:00 am||All Saints Church - Wolfeboro||This Monday the Wolfeboro Senior Center program starts at 10am with BINGO. Activities include yoga, Mah Jong, bridge watercolor painting and mystery book club. Luncheon is at noon. It all takes place at the parish hall of the All Saints Episcopal Church in Wolfeboro. A $3 donation is requested. For more information call 515-1385 or visit www.wolfeboroseniorcenter.org|
|10/27/14||BINGO & LUNCH||10:00 am||Greater Wakefield Resource Center - Union||The Greater Wakefield Resource Center is hosting its Bingo and Senior Meals program starting at 10am at the Center in Union. The program is open to seniors for a donation of $3 and $5 for those under 60. To RSVP before the meal call 473-8324 or for more information visit www.greaterwakefieldresour...|
|10/27/14||KNIT WITS||10:00 am||Gafney Library - Wakefield||The Knit Wits Knitting Group will meet on Monday from 10am to noon at the Gafney Library in Wakefield. Knitters of all abilities, including beginners, are welcome to attend. For more information on the Knit Wits call 522-3401.|
|10/27/14||ROTARY CLUB||5:30 pm||Wolfeboro Inn||The Wolfeboro Rotary Club meets weekly at the Wolfeboro Inn. The Monday meetings start at 5:30pm. If you're interested in the Rotary Club, and being a part of all they do for our community, you can find out more, including contact information, by visiting their website at www.WolfeboroRotary.org|