- Bridgewater couple killed in house fire - 1 year 24 weeks ago - Two people were killed in an overnight fire at a house in Bridgewater.
- Winter storm part II: Georgia says it's ready - 1 year 24 weeks ago - Fire up the salt trucks. Cancel after-school plans. Position the National Guard. Two weeks after a few inches of snow paralyzed Atlanta and embarrassed the state, Gov. Nathan Deal is tackling the latest round of bad weather with gusto.
- Goffstown boy, 2, recovering after bone marrow transplant - 1 year 24 weeks ago - A 2-year-old Goffstown boy is recovering after having a bone marrow transplant on Thursday.
- Police: Two juveniles arrested after residents find firecrackers in mailboxes - 1 year 24 weeks ago - Raymond police said two juveniles were arrested after several residents reported finding firecrackers in their mailboxes.
- Money Savers: Cobbler repairs shoes, saves wallet - 1 year 24 weeks ago - Walking around can cause wear and tear on shoes, but a local cobbler is helping people save money by repairing their tattered shoes.
- Sunday's snow makes for messy Monday morning - 1 year 24 weeks ago - Sunday's snow made for a messy commute on Monday morning.
- Police: Man arrested in connection with heroin death - 1 year 24 weeks ago - Police have accused a New Hampshire man of supplying some heroin that led to another man's death.
- College football star Michael Sam: I'm gay - 1 year 24 weeks ago - Michael Sam, an All-American defensive lineman from the University of Missouri, publicly revealed that he's gay Sunday, creating the possibility he'll be the first openly gay player drafted by the National Football League.
- Charges in Allenstown stabbing upgraded to first-degree murder - 1 year 24 weeks ago - Charges have been upgraded against the Barnstead woman accused of stabbing an 18-year-old in Allenstown.
- Man accused in Hudson stabbing due in court - 1 year 24 weeks ago - Police said on Jan. 28, Joshua McKinnon, 32, stabbed a man and woman near Bockes Road.
- 11-year-old wins $15,000 prize at Meredith fishing derby - 1 year 24 weeks ago - Crowds gathered in Meredith Bay on Sunday to find out the big winners in the 35th annual Great Meredith Rotary Fishing Derby.
- CEO of Northeast Credit Union killed in snowmobile accident - 1 year 24 weeks ago - Family and colleagues are mourning the death of Northeast Credit Union's president and chief executive officer in a snowmobile accident early Saturday morning.
- NH conservation districts offer pollinator education course - 1 year 24 weeks ago - The Cheshire and Hillsborough County Conservation Districts will offer a course this March to educate people on the declining number of pollinators in New Hampshire.
- Popular cellphone technology targeted by hackers - 1 year 24 weeks ago - Hacking has been in the headlines lately, with massive security breaches at retailers. But another type of hacking that targets cellphones is growing.
- Nowitzki has 20 to lift Mavs over Celtics - 1 year 24 weeks ago - Dirk Nowitzki scored 20 points and Shawn Marion finished with 11 points and 10 rebounds for Dallas in a 102-91 win over the Boston Celtics on Sunday, extending the Mavericks' winning streak to a season-high five straight.
- 1 killed, 2 injured in different snowmobile accidents - 1 year 24 weeks ago - From Friday into Saturday, New Hampshire Fish and Game conservation officer responded to reports of multiple snowmobile accidents, one resulting in a death.
- Apartment residents react to car crash - 1 year 24 weeks ago - Police said 18-year-old Samantha Murphy was under the influence of alcohol and likely speeding when she slammed into a building on Marlboro Street
- Bode Miller competes in men's downhill event - 1 year 24 weeks ago - Olympic veteran Bode Miller competed in the men's downhill event at the Olympics on Sunday.
- Vermont police search for missing New Hampshire man - 1 year 24 weeks ago - Michael Hayward, Jr., 42, was last seen Friday.
- Five favorite moments from the Sochi Olympics - 1 year 24 weeks ago - The first weekend of the Winter Olympics brought us moments of humor and technical problems from the Opening Ceremony, a skater's reaction that went viral and the sparkling debut of a sport where "stoked" and "dude" are part of a winning news conference.
|07/28/15 - 08/09/15||SISTER ACT||(All day)||Interlakes Community Auditorium - Meredith||Interlakes Theater presents SISTER ACT July 28 to Auguast 9 at the Interlakes Community Auditorium in Meredith. For show times or more information call 707-6035 or visit www.interlakestheatre.com|
|07/30/15||BREWSTER ALUMNI BREAKFAST||8:00 am||Brewster Academy - Wolfeboro||Brewster Academy Alumni from the Lakes Region are invited to a breakfast at Estabrook Dining Hall on July 30th starting at 8am. Please call 569-7133 to RSVP.|
|07/30/15||BINGO & LUNCH||10:00 am||Greater Wakefield Resource Center||The Greater Wakefield Resource Center is hosting its Bingo and Senior Meals program starting at 10am at the Center in Union. The program is open to seniors for a donation of $3 and $5 for those under 60. To RSVP before the meal call 473-8324 or for more information visit www.greaterwakefieldresour...|
|07/30/15||MAGIC SHOW||6:30 pm||Ossipee Town Hall||THE BJ HICKMAN MAGIC SHOW is a free event on Thursday July 30th at 6:30pm at the Ossipee Town Hall. BJ travels around the country with his fun, entertaining, & educational show. Enjoy an evening of magic with your family. For more info call 539-1307 or visit www.ossipeerec.org|
|07/30/15||BOAT MUSEUM LECTURE||7:00 pm||NH Boat Museum - Wolfeboro||On Thursday July 30th at 7pm the NH Boat Museum presents "Passing it On: Strategies for Saving Historic Lakeside Property for the Next Generation". The event is free and open to the public. For more information call 569-4554 or visit www.NHBM.org|
|07/30/15||NATURE TALK SERIES||7:30 pm||The Loon Center - Moultonborough||Thursday nights at 7:30pm join the Loon Center in Moultonborough for their Summer Nature Talk Series...On July 9th it's TURTLES OF NEW HAMPSHIRE. For more information call 476-LOON or visit www.loon.org|
|07/31/15||MOVIES IN THE PARK||8:15 am||Foss Field - Downtown Wolfeboro||The Parks & Rec Department present MOVIES IN THE PARK at dusk at the Foss Recreation Field, next to the Bridge Falls Path, downtown Wolfeboro. Bring a blanket or chair and enjoy the magic of big screen movies under stars. Concessions are available. The movie for Friday July 31st is CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY, rated PG. For more information call 569-5639 or visit www.wolfeboronh.us/Pages/W...|
|07/31/15||BLOOD PRESSURE CLINIC||11:00 am||St. Anthony’s Church - Sanbornville||There will be a BLOOD PRESSURE CLINIC at St. Anthony's Church in Sanbornville on Friday July 31st from 11am to noon. The clinic is open to the public and conducted by VNA-Hospice of Southern Carroll County and Vicinity. For more information call 569-2729 or visit www.vnahospice.net|
|07/31/15||RED CROSS BLOOD DRIVE||12:00 pm||Center Harbor Congregational Church||Give the "Gift of Life" by participating the in the American Red Cross summer blood drive on Friday July 31st from noon-5pm at the Center Harbor Congregational Church. For more information on the Red Cross summer blood drive call 1-800-RED-CROSS or visit www.redcrossblood.org|
|07/31/15||MEREDITH SUMMER MUSIC||5:30 pm||Mill Falls - Meredith||Enjoy outside music in Meredith each Friday this summer from 5:30 to 8:30pm at Mill Falls. This week it's Cindy Duchin, enjoy an evening of folkabilly and Americana with a dash of bluegrass. For more information call 279-6121 or visit www.meredithareachamber.com|