- Bridgewater couple killed in house fire - 1 year 28 weeks ago - Two people were killed in an overnight fire at a house in Bridgewater.
- Winter storm part II: Georgia says it's ready - 1 year 28 weeks ago - Fire up the salt trucks. Cancel after-school plans. Position the National Guard. Two weeks after a few inches of snow paralyzed Atlanta and embarrassed the state, Gov. Nathan Deal is tackling the latest round of bad weather with gusto.
- Goffstown boy, 2, recovering after bone marrow transplant - 1 year 28 weeks ago - A 2-year-old Goffstown boy is recovering after having a bone marrow transplant on Thursday.
- Police: Two juveniles arrested after residents find firecrackers in mailboxes - 1 year 28 weeks ago - Raymond police said two juveniles were arrested after several residents reported finding firecrackers in their mailboxes.
- Money Savers: Cobbler repairs shoes, saves wallet - 1 year 28 weeks ago - Walking around can cause wear and tear on shoes, but a local cobbler is helping people save money by repairing their tattered shoes.
- Sunday's snow makes for messy Monday morning - 1 year 28 weeks ago - Sunday's snow made for a messy commute on Monday morning.
- Police: Man arrested in connection with heroin death - 1 year 28 weeks ago - Police have accused a New Hampshire man of supplying some heroin that led to another man's death.
- College football star Michael Sam: I'm gay - 1 year 28 weeks ago - Michael Sam, an All-American defensive lineman from the University of Missouri, publicly revealed that he's gay Sunday, creating the possibility he'll be the first openly gay player drafted by the National Football League.
- Charges in Allenstown stabbing upgraded to first-degree murder - 1 year 28 weeks ago - Charges have been upgraded against the Barnstead woman accused of stabbing an 18-year-old in Allenstown.
- Man accused in Hudson stabbing due in court - 1 year 28 weeks ago - Police said on Jan. 28, Joshua McKinnon, 32, stabbed a man and woman near Bockes Road.
- 11-year-old wins $15,000 prize at Meredith fishing derby - 1 year 28 weeks ago - Crowds gathered in Meredith Bay on Sunday to find out the big winners in the 35th annual Great Meredith Rotary Fishing Derby.
- CEO of Northeast Credit Union killed in snowmobile accident - 1 year 28 weeks ago - Family and colleagues are mourning the death of Northeast Credit Union's president and chief executive officer in a snowmobile accident early Saturday morning.
- NH conservation districts offer pollinator education course - 1 year 28 weeks ago - The Cheshire and Hillsborough County Conservation Districts will offer a course this March to educate people on the declining number of pollinators in New Hampshire.
- Popular cellphone technology targeted by hackers - 1 year 28 weeks ago - Hacking has been in the headlines lately, with massive security breaches at retailers. But another type of hacking that targets cellphones is growing.
- Nowitzki has 20 to lift Mavs over Celtics - 1 year 28 weeks ago - Dirk Nowitzki scored 20 points and Shawn Marion finished with 11 points and 10 rebounds for Dallas in a 102-91 win over the Boston Celtics on Sunday, extending the Mavericks' winning streak to a season-high five straight.
- 1 killed, 2 injured in different snowmobile accidents - 1 year 28 weeks ago - From Friday into Saturday, New Hampshire Fish and Game conservation officer responded to reports of multiple snowmobile accidents, one resulting in a death.
- Apartment residents react to car crash - 1 year 28 weeks ago - Police said 18-year-old Samantha Murphy was under the influence of alcohol and likely speeding when she slammed into a building on Marlboro Street
- Bode Miller competes in men's downhill event - 1 year 28 weeks ago - Olympic veteran Bode Miller competed in the men's downhill event at the Olympics on Sunday.
- Vermont police search for missing New Hampshire man - 1 year 28 weeks ago - Michael Hayward, Jr., 42, was last seen Friday.
- Five favorite moments from the Sochi Olympics - 1 year 28 weeks ago - The first weekend of the Winter Olympics brought us moments of humor and technical problems from the Opening Ceremony, a skater's reaction that went viral and the sparkling debut of a sport where "stoked" and "dude" are part of a winning news conference.
|08/28/15 - 08/29/15||SIDEWALK SALE DAYS||(All day)||N/A||The annual Sidewalk Sale Days sponsored by the Wolfeboro Area Chamber of Commerce will be held downtown Wolfeboro on Friday and Saturday August 28 & 29 from 9am to 6pm each day. For more information call 569-2200 or visit www.WolfeboroChamber.org|
|08/28/15||MOVIES IN THE PARK||7:30 am||Foss Field - Downtown Wolfeboro||The Parks & Rec Department present the last of this summer's MOVIES IN THE PARK at dusk at the Foss Recreation Field, downtown Wolfeboro. Bring a blanket or chair and enjoy the magic of big screen movies under stars. Concessions are available. The movie for Friday August 28th is THE LION KING, rated PG. For more information call 569-5639 or visit www.wolfeboronh.us/Pages/W...|
|08/28/15||MEREDITH SUMMER MUSIC||5:30 pm||Mill Falls - Meredith||Winding up outside music in Meredith this summer, on Friday from 5:30 to 8:30pm at Mill Falls it's the Craig Jaster Jazz Duo; irrepressible, exuberant, inventive jazz piano. For more information call 279-6121 or visit www.meredithareachamber.com|
|08/28/15||CENTER HARBOR CONCERT||7:00 pm||Center Harbor||The Center Harbor Guest Concert Series this week features Carter Mountain Brass Band. Hear them perform on Friday at 7pm at the Center Harbor Bandstand. For more information you can call 253-4561 or visit www.centerharbornh.org/sum...|
|08/28/15||LE CORSAIRE - BALLET||7:00 pm||Farmington Opera House||Northeastern Ballet Theatre’s summer intensive program will culminate on Friday, August 28th with an informal production of highlights from the ballet, Le Corsaire at the Farmington Opera House at 7pm. Tickets are $10 each. For more information call 834-8834 or visit www.northeasternballet.org|
|08/29/15||GILFORD OLD HOME DAY||(All day)||Gilford Village Field||The Annual Gilford Old Home Day is scheduled for Saturday, August 29th. It's a great annual tradition featuring a pancake breakfast, parade, food and craft booths, entertainment, games and field events, road race, band concert, dance, and FIREWORKS! It's guaranteed to be a fun memorable day for all! For more information call 527-4722 or visit www.gilfordrec.com|
|08/29/15||SPORTSMANS SHOW||9:00 am||Farmington Fish & Game Club - New Durham||There will be a SPORTSMANS SHOW at the Farmington Fish & Game Club in New Durham on Saturday August 29th from 9am to 4pm (rain or shine). Buy, sell or trade. For more information call 978-7250 or visit www.farmingtonfishandgamec...|
|08/29/15||RED CROSS BLOOD DRIVE||9:00 am||St. Anthony’s Church - Sanbornville||Give the "Gift of Life" by participating the in the American Red Cross summer blood drive on Saturday August 29th from 9am-2pm at St. Anthony’s Church in Sanbornville. For more information on the Red Cross summer blood drive call 1-800-RED-CROSS or visit www.redcrossblood.org|
|08/29/15||GOLF TOURNAMENT||5:30 pm||Indian Mound - Ossipee||HOLES FORE HUNGER is a Lite-4-Nite golf tournament to benefti the End 68 Hours of Hunger program. The even starts with a 5:30pm cookout and silent auction. At 7:45pm there is a shotgun start for the golf. All proceeds feed children in Wolfeboro, Tuftonboro & Ossipee. For more information 515-0022. (rain date is Aug 30)|
|08/29/15||FRIENDS OF NRA||5:30 pm||Elks Lodge - Franklin||A BANQUET & AUCTION will be held by the Tri River FRIENDS of NRA on Saturday August 29th starting at 5:30pm at the Elks Lodge in Franklin. The event features great food, auctions, raffles and door prizes. For more information call 968-7231. Tickets for this event are available in advance by clicking the following link: https://www.friendsofnra.o...|