- Bridgewater couple killed in house fire - 1 year 2 weeks ago - Two people were killed in an overnight fire at a house in Bridgewater.
- Winter storm part II: Georgia says it's ready - 1 year 2 weeks ago - Fire up the salt trucks. Cancel after-school plans. Position the National Guard. Two weeks after a few inches of snow paralyzed Atlanta and embarrassed the state, Gov. Nathan Deal is tackling the latest round of bad weather with gusto.
- Goffstown boy, 2, recovering after bone marrow transplant - 1 year 2 weeks ago - A 2-year-old Goffstown boy is recovering after having a bone marrow transplant on Thursday.
- Police: Two juveniles arrested after residents find firecrackers in mailboxes - 1 year 2 weeks ago - Raymond police said two juveniles were arrested after several residents reported finding firecrackers in their mailboxes.
- Money Savers: Cobbler repairs shoes, saves wallet - 1 year 2 weeks ago - Walking around can cause wear and tear on shoes, but a local cobbler is helping people save money by repairing their tattered shoes.
- Sunday's snow makes for messy Monday morning - 1 year 2 weeks ago - Sunday's snow made for a messy commute on Monday morning.
- Police: Man arrested in connection with heroin death - 1 year 2 weeks ago - Police have accused a New Hampshire man of supplying some heroin that led to another man's death.
- College football star Michael Sam: I'm gay - 1 year 2 weeks ago - Michael Sam, an All-American defensive lineman from the University of Missouri, publicly revealed that he's gay Sunday, creating the possibility he'll be the first openly gay player drafted by the National Football League.
- Charges in Allenstown stabbing upgraded to first-degree murder - 1 year 2 weeks ago - Charges have been upgraded against the Barnstead woman accused of stabbing an 18-year-old in Allenstown.
- Man accused in Hudson stabbing due in court - 1 year 2 weeks ago - Police said on Jan. 28, Joshua McKinnon, 32, stabbed a man and woman near Bockes Road.
- 11-year-old wins $15,000 prize at Meredith fishing derby - 1 year 2 weeks ago - Crowds gathered in Meredith Bay on Sunday to find out the big winners in the 35th annual Great Meredith Rotary Fishing Derby.
- CEO of Northeast Credit Union killed in snowmobile accident - 1 year 2 weeks ago - Family and colleagues are mourning the death of Northeast Credit Union's president and chief executive officer in a snowmobile accident early Saturday morning.
- NH conservation districts offer pollinator education course - 1 year 2 weeks ago - The Cheshire and Hillsborough County Conservation Districts will offer a course this March to educate people on the declining number of pollinators in New Hampshire.
- Popular cellphone technology targeted by hackers - 1 year 2 weeks ago - Hacking has been in the headlines lately, with massive security breaches at retailers. But another type of hacking that targets cellphones is growing.
- Nowitzki has 20 to lift Mavs over Celtics - 1 year 2 weeks ago - Dirk Nowitzki scored 20 points and Shawn Marion finished with 11 points and 10 rebounds for Dallas in a 102-91 win over the Boston Celtics on Sunday, extending the Mavericks' winning streak to a season-high five straight.
- 1 killed, 2 injured in different snowmobile accidents - 1 year 2 weeks ago - From Friday into Saturday, New Hampshire Fish and Game conservation officer responded to reports of multiple snowmobile accidents, one resulting in a death.
- Apartment residents react to car crash - 1 year 2 weeks ago - Police said 18-year-old Samantha Murphy was under the influence of alcohol and likely speeding when she slammed into a building on Marlboro Street
- Bode Miller competes in men's downhill event - 1 year 2 weeks ago - Olympic veteran Bode Miller competed in the men's downhill event at the Olympics on Sunday.
- Vermont police search for missing New Hampshire man - 1 year 2 weeks ago - Michael Hayward, Jr., 42, was last seen Friday.
- Five favorite moments from the Sochi Olympics - 1 year 2 weeks ago - The first weekend of the Winter Olympics brought us moments of humor and technical problems from the Opening Ceremony, a skater's reaction that went viral and the sparkling debut of a sport where "stoked" and "dude" are part of a winning news conference.
|02/21/15 - 02/28/15||WOLFEBORO WINTER CARNIVAL 2015||(All day)||Abenaki Ski Area and other Venues - Wolfeboro||It's WINTER CARNIVAL WEEK in WOLFEBORO!!! Enjoy the snow with all the fun events including Ski and Snowboard Races, Ski Film, Horse Drawn Sleigh Rides, Skating Party, Big Air Competition, Pancake Breakfast, a Video Contest, Bonfire, Fireworks and much, much more in this week long celebration of winter. For more information call 569-5639 or get all the events and times at this link: www.wolfeboronh.us/Pages/W...|
|02/28/15||WAKEFIELD ICE FISHING DERBY||5:00 am||Wakefield, NH lakes||The Wakefield Parks and Recreation Department invite you to join in their annual ICE FISHING DERBY on February 28th. There will be several categories and lots of raffles and giveaways! Contest waters are Lovell, Great East and Balch Lakes. For information on entering and contest details call 522-9977 or visit www.wakefieldrec.com|
|02/28/15||PANCAKE BREAKFAST||7:00 am||Garwoods Restaurant - Downtown Wolfeboro||Come with friends and family to the ANNUAL PANCAKE BREAKFAST from 7am to 9am on Saturday February 28th during Winter Carnival week! This annual breakfast is popular and the winter view over the lake from Garwoods is spectacular. Proceeds benefit Friends of Abenaki funding for the new ski lodge. For more information call 569-3017.|
|02/28/15||BOATER SAFETY CLASS||9:00 am||NH Department of Safety - Concord||The NH Department of Safety is conducting Boater Education Classes at their Concord facility. Be ready for the 2015 boating season by attending an early year class. There will be a session on Saturday February 28th starting at 9am. Seating is limited and pre-registration is required. For more information call 888-254-2125 or visit http://www.nh.gov/safety/d...|
|02/28/15 - 03/01/15||LAKE CHOCORUA SLED DOG RACES||9:00 am||Lake Chocorua - Tamworth||Join the New England Sled Dog Club on February 28th and March 1st on Lake Chocorua as they gather once again for the oldest continuous sled dog race in the Northeast. Photo opportunities abound, as the many sled dog teams and drivers prepare to race over the historic trails in scenic Tamworth. For more information call 323-7001 or visit www.tamworthoutingclub.org|
|02/28/15||CHURCH SUPPER||5:00 pm||United Methodist Church - Tuftonboro||The Tuftonboro United Methodist on Route 171 is having a Church Supper on Saturday Feburary 28th at 5:00pm. The menu features Macaroni and cheese, Baked Ham, Green Beans, Coleslaw, Rolls and Pies. For reservations or questions you can call 569-2097.|
|03/01/15||BREAKFAST BUFFET||7:00 am||Masonic Hall - Wolfeboro||Wolfeboro’s Masonic & Eastern Star organizations will hold a PUBLIC BREAKFAST on Sunday from 7-11am at the Masonic Hall across from the Nick. The BUFFET includes pancakes, bacon, sausage, home fries, scrambled eggs, breads, fresh fruit and much more. The cost is $9 per person. Proceeds support a wide range of charitable projects. For more information call 569-4307.|
|03/01/15||KINGSWOOD ALUMNI - WINTER FUN REUNION||8:45 am||Abenaki Ski Area - Wolfeboro||The Kingswood Alumni Association urges alumni, spouses and family to be part of a special event at the Abenaki Ski area on Sunday March 1st...a 50-year reunion! From 8:45am to noon there will be downhill and cross country ski events and refreshments will be served. It will be great fun and a chance to reconnect with old friends and fellow alumni. For more information call 569-3399 or get full details at http://krhs-alumni.org/art...|
|03/02/15||AARP TAX PROGRAM||(All day)||Gafney Library - Wakefield||The Gafney Library in Sanbornville is offering the AARP tax preparation program on Mondays. Free help is available for Wakefield-Brookfield area residents with middle to low income with special attention given to those age 60 and older. An appointment is required. For more information or to schedule, call 522-3401. You can also visit www.gafneylibrary.com|
|03/02/15||ICE-OUT CONTEST||(All day)||Wolfeboro Grocery Stores||Participate in the Wolfeboro Rotary Club's 2015 ICE-OUT CONTEST and you could win a stash-of-cash while helping Rotary-supported charities and organizations. Buy a 50/50 raffle ticket at local grocery stores on Tuesdays, Saturdays & Sundays in March. If your guess is closest to Ice-Out on Lake Winnipesaukee, you WIN! For more info visit www.wolfebororotary.org NOTE: You can also send your entry with $5 Postmarked no later than March 31st to WRC, PO Box 781, Wolfeboro NH 03894|