- Bridgewater couple killed in house fire - 9 weeks 3 days ago - Two people were killed in an overnight fire at a house in Bridgewater.
- Winter storm part II: Georgia says it's ready - 9 weeks 3 days ago - Fire up the salt trucks. Cancel after-school plans. Position the National Guard. Two weeks after a few inches of snow paralyzed Atlanta and embarrassed the state, Gov. Nathan Deal is tackling the latest round of bad weather with gusto.
- Goffstown boy, 2, recovering after bone marrow transplant - 9 weeks 3 days ago - A 2-year-old Goffstown boy is recovering after having a bone marrow transplant on Thursday.
- Police: Two juveniles arrested after residents find firecrackers in mailboxes - 9 weeks 3 days ago - Raymond police said two juveniles were arrested after several residents reported finding firecrackers in their mailboxes.
- Money Savers: Cobbler repairs shoes, saves wallet - 9 weeks 3 days ago - Walking around can cause wear and tear on shoes, but a local cobbler is helping people save money by repairing their tattered shoes.
- Sunday's snow makes for messy Monday morning - 9 weeks 3 days ago - Sunday's snow made for a messy commute on Monday morning.
- Police: Man arrested in connection with heroin death - 9 weeks 3 days ago - Police have accused a New Hampshire man of supplying some heroin that led to another man's death.
- College football star Michael Sam: I'm gay - 9 weeks 3 days ago - Michael Sam, an All-American defensive lineman from the University of Missouri, publicly revealed that he's gay Sunday, creating the possibility he'll be the first openly gay player drafted by the National Football League.
- Charges in Allenstown stabbing upgraded to first-degree murder - 9 weeks 3 days ago - Charges have been upgraded against the Barnstead woman accused of stabbing an 18-year-old in Allenstown.
- Man accused in Hudson stabbing due in court - 9 weeks 3 days ago - Police said on Jan. 28, Joshua McKinnon, 32, stabbed a man and woman near Bockes Road.
- 11-year-old wins $15,000 prize at Meredith fishing derby - 9 weeks 3 days ago - Crowds gathered in Meredith Bay on Sunday to find out the big winners in the 35th annual Great Meredith Rotary Fishing Derby.
- CEO of Northeast Credit Union killed in snowmobile accident - 9 weeks 3 days ago - Family and colleagues are mourning the death of Northeast Credit Union's president and chief executive officer in a snowmobile accident early Saturday morning.
- NH conservation districts offer pollinator education course - 9 weeks 3 days ago - The Cheshire and Hillsborough County Conservation Districts will offer a course this March to educate people on the declining number of pollinators in New Hampshire.
- Popular cellphone technology targeted by hackers - 9 weeks 3 days ago - Hacking has been in the headlines lately, with massive security breaches at retailers. But another type of hacking that targets cellphones is growing.
- Nowitzki has 20 to lift Mavs over Celtics - 9 weeks 4 days ago - Dirk Nowitzki scored 20 points and Shawn Marion finished with 11 points and 10 rebounds for Dallas in a 102-91 win over the Boston Celtics on Sunday, extending the Mavericks' winning streak to a season-high five straight.
- 1 killed, 2 injured in different snowmobile accidents - 9 weeks 4 days ago - From Friday into Saturday, New Hampshire Fish and Game conservation officer responded to reports of multiple snowmobile accidents, one resulting in a death.
- Apartment residents react to car crash - 9 weeks 4 days ago - Police said 18-year-old Samantha Murphy was under the influence of alcohol and likely speeding when she slammed into a building on Marlboro Street
- Bode Miller competes in men's downhill event - 9 weeks 4 days ago - Olympic veteran Bode Miller competed in the men's downhill event at the Olympics on Sunday.
- Vermont police search for missing New Hampshire man - 9 weeks 4 days ago - Michael Hayward, Jr., 42, was last seen Friday.
- Five favorite moments from the Sochi Olympics - 9 weeks 4 days ago - The first weekend of the Winter Olympics brought us moments of humor and technical problems from the Opening Ceremony, a skater's reaction that went viral and the sparkling debut of a sport where "stoked" and "dude" are part of a winning news conference.
|04/17/14||CAR WASH FUNDRAISER||(All day)||Wolfeboro Carwash - Clarke Plaza||Today there will be a fundraising CAR WASH for Cornerstone Christian Academy. From 12:30pm to 2:30pm student will be offering handwashing for your donations. Also from 8am to 4pm 20% of the money collected from automatic bay washes will be donated. For more information call 941-0123 or visit www.wolfeborocarwash.com|
|04/17/14||BINGO & LUNCH||10:00 am||Greater Wakefield Resource Center - Union||The Greater Wakefield Resource Center is hosting its Bingo and Senior Meals program starting at 10am at the Center in Union. The program is open to seniors for a donation of $2.75 and $5 for those under 60. To RSVP before the meal call 473-8324 or for more information visit www.greaterwakefieldresour...|
|04/17/14||DINNER BELL||5:00 pm||All Saints Church - Wolfeboro||If you're in need of a good meal, join the good people who put on the DINNER BELL. It's held Thursday's at 5:00pm at the All Saints Church in Wolfeboro. A voluntary donation is requested.|
|04/17/14||MOVIE NIGHT||6:30 pm||Wolfeboro Public Library||As part of National Library Week at the Wolfeboro Public Library...The recently released film set in Nazi Germany based on the best-selling young adult book by author Markus Zusak will be shown on Thursday April 17 at 6:30pm and again on Friday, April 18 at 2pm. The film is rated PG-13 and runs approximately 130 minutes. Refreshments will be served. For more information call 569-2428 or visit www.wolfeborolibrary.org|
|04/17/14||WRITERS NIGHT||7:00 pm||Effingham Public Library||Thursday at 7pm is WRITER'S NIGHT at the Effingham Public Library. Light refreshments will be served. For more information you can call 539-7694.|
|04/18/14||SENIOR CENTER PROGRAM||10:00 am||All Saints Church - Wolfeboro||The Wolfeboro Senior Center program for Friday starts at 10am. Activities include Move & Groove, lunch and a movie. Everything takes place at the parish hall of the All Saints Episcopal Church in Wolfeboro. A $3 donation is requested. For more information call 515-1385 or visit www.wolfeboroseniorcenter.org|
|04/18/14||DANCERCIZE||12:30 pm||Ossipee Town Hall Gym||Enjoy an hour of fun & exercise with a low impact DANCERCIZE CLASS! Classes include line dance, walking, stretching & more...and you can work at your own pace. Classes take place Fridays from 12:30 to 1:30 at the Ossipee Town Hall Gym. For more information call 539-1307 or visit www.ossipeerec.org|
|04/18/14||MATINEE MOVIE||2:00 pm||Wolfeboro Public Library||As part of National Library Week at the Wolfeboro Public Library...The recently released film set in Nazi Germany based on the best-selling young adult book by author Markus Zusak will be shown again on Friday, April 18th at 2pm. The film is rated PG-13 and runs approximately 130 minutes. Refreshments will be served. For more information call 569-2428 or visit www.wolfeborolibrary.org|
|04/19/14||ABENAKI CLIMB & GRIND||(All day)||Abenaki Ski Area - Wolfeboro||This Saturday Abenaki Ski Area will be open for one last hurrah of the season! The rope tow will not be running, but staff has built a sweet new rail garden at the bottom of the mountain. Skiers and riders can hike the hill from 11am to 6pm, and at 2pm and there will be a rail jam with a cash purse! Picnic tables will be set up, burgers going on the grill and music playing. For information call 569-5639 or visit details on the Abenaki website: www.wolfeboronh.us/abenaki|
|04/19/14||DISCOVER WILD NH DAY||10:00 am||NH Fish & Game - Concord||Discover WILD New Hampshire Day, is an Earth Day celebration, on Saturday April 19th. This family-friendly festival takes place from 10 am to 3pm on the grounds of the New Hampshire Fish & Game Department at 11 Hazen Drive in Concord. Enjoy exhibits, see live animals, big fish and trained falcons. Participate in archery, casting and more! Admission is free. For more info call 271-3211 or visit www.wildnh.com|