- Bridgewater couple killed in house fire - 44 weeks 3 days ago - Two people were killed in an overnight fire at a house in Bridgewater.
- Winter storm part II: Georgia says it's ready - 44 weeks 3 days ago - Fire up the salt trucks. Cancel after-school plans. Position the National Guard. Two weeks after a few inches of snow paralyzed Atlanta and embarrassed the state, Gov. Nathan Deal is tackling the latest round of bad weather with gusto.
- Goffstown boy, 2, recovering after bone marrow transplant - 44 weeks 3 days ago - A 2-year-old Goffstown boy is recovering after having a bone marrow transplant on Thursday.
- Police: Two juveniles arrested after residents find firecrackers in mailboxes - 44 weeks 3 days ago - Raymond police said two juveniles were arrested after several residents reported finding firecrackers in their mailboxes.
- Money Savers: Cobbler repairs shoes, saves wallet - 44 weeks 3 days ago - Walking around can cause wear and tear on shoes, but a local cobbler is helping people save money by repairing their tattered shoes.
- Sunday's snow makes for messy Monday morning - 44 weeks 3 days ago - Sunday's snow made for a messy commute on Monday morning.
- Police: Man arrested in connection with heroin death - 44 weeks 3 days ago - Police have accused a New Hampshire man of supplying some heroin that led to another man's death.
- College football star Michael Sam: I'm gay - 44 weeks 3 days ago - Michael Sam, an All-American defensive lineman from the University of Missouri, publicly revealed that he's gay Sunday, creating the possibility he'll be the first openly gay player drafted by the National Football League.
- Charges in Allenstown stabbing upgraded to first-degree murder - 44 weeks 3 days ago - Charges have been upgraded against the Barnstead woman accused of stabbing an 18-year-old in Allenstown.
- Man accused in Hudson stabbing due in court - 44 weeks 3 days ago - Police said on Jan. 28, Joshua McKinnon, 32, stabbed a man and woman near Bockes Road.
- 11-year-old wins $15,000 prize at Meredith fishing derby - 44 weeks 3 days ago - Crowds gathered in Meredith Bay on Sunday to find out the big winners in the 35th annual Great Meredith Rotary Fishing Derby.
- CEO of Northeast Credit Union killed in snowmobile accident - 44 weeks 3 days ago - Family and colleagues are mourning the death of Northeast Credit Union's president and chief executive officer in a snowmobile accident early Saturday morning.
- NH conservation districts offer pollinator education course - 44 weeks 3 days ago - The Cheshire and Hillsborough County Conservation Districts will offer a course this March to educate people on the declining number of pollinators in New Hampshire.
- Popular cellphone technology targeted by hackers - 44 weeks 3 days ago - Hacking has been in the headlines lately, with massive security breaches at retailers. But another type of hacking that targets cellphones is growing.
- Nowitzki has 20 to lift Mavs over Celtics - 44 weeks 3 days ago - Dirk Nowitzki scored 20 points and Shawn Marion finished with 11 points and 10 rebounds for Dallas in a 102-91 win over the Boston Celtics on Sunday, extending the Mavericks' winning streak to a season-high five straight.
- 1 killed, 2 injured in different snowmobile accidents - 44 weeks 3 days ago - From Friday into Saturday, New Hampshire Fish and Game conservation officer responded to reports of multiple snowmobile accidents, one resulting in a death.
- Apartment residents react to car crash - 44 weeks 3 days ago - Police said 18-year-old Samantha Murphy was under the influence of alcohol and likely speeding when she slammed into a building on Marlboro Street
- Bode Miller competes in men's downhill event - 44 weeks 3 days ago - Olympic veteran Bode Miller competed in the men's downhill event at the Olympics on Sunday.
- Vermont police search for missing New Hampshire man - 44 weeks 3 days ago - Michael Hayward, Jr., 42, was last seen Friday.
- Five favorite moments from the Sochi Olympics - 44 weeks 3 days ago - The first weekend of the Winter Olympics brought us moments of humor and technical problems from the Opening Ceremony, a skater's reaction that went viral and the sparkling debut of a sport where "stoked" and "dude" are part of a winning news conference.
|12/16/14 - 12/20/14||HOLIDAY BASKET||(All day)||WASR 1420am & Spencer-Hughes - Wolfeboro||Help us Feed The Hungry in our Community! WASR’s Gary James is broadcasting live on-air each day from 8am to 1pm December 16th to 20th. It's WASR's annual broadcast of the HOLIDAY BASKET to benefit Life Ministries Food Pantry. Listen for lively and fun conversations & interviews with local personalities as we seek to help those in need. Wolfeboro Rotarians are at Spencer-Hughes downtown Wolfeboro all day to accept your donation.|
|12/18/14||BINGO & LUNCH||10:00 am||Greater Wakefield Resource Center - Union||The Greater Wakefield Resource Center is hosting its Bingo and Senior Meals program starting at 10am at the Center in Union. The program is open to seniors for a donation of $3 and $5 for those under 60. To RSVP before the meal call 473-8324 or for more information visit www.greaterwakefieldresour...|
|12/18/14||HIKERS CHRISTMAS GATHERING||2:00 pm||Willing Workers Hall - Melvin Village||The Tuftonboro Hikers will have their annual Christmas gathering on Thursday December 18th at 2pm at the Willing Workers Hall in Melvin Village. For more information call 544-8663.|
|12/18/14||DINNER BELL||5:00 pm||All Saints Church - Wolfeboro||The DINNER BELL is a community dinner held each Thursday at 5pm in the parish hall of the All Saints Church in Wolfeboro. This is a free meal. Donations are welcome and all are invited. For more information call 569-1385.|
|12/18/14||BREWSTER ACADEMY HOLIDAY CONCERT||7:00 pm||Anderson Hall at Brewster Academy - Wolfeboro||Brewster Academy invites the community to its HOLIDAY CONCERT at Anderson Hall on Thursday December 18th at 7pm. Before the concert, from 6-7pm, enjoy eggnog and holiday treats in the lobby. For more information call 569-7133 or visit www.BrewsterAcademy.org|
|12/18/14||WRITER'S NIGHT||7:00 pm||Effingham Public Libaray||The Effingham Public Library is hosting it's monthly WRITERS NIGHT on Thursday at 7pm. Light refreshments are always served. For more information you can call 539-7694 or visit http://effingham.lib.nh.us/|
|12/19/14||SENIOR CENTER PROGRAM||10:00 am||All Saints Church - Wolfeboro||The Wolfeboro Senior Center program for Friday starts at 10am. Activities include Bingo and more. Everything takes place in the parish hall of the All Saints Episcopal Church in Wolfeboro. A $3 donation is requested. For more information call 515-1385 or visitwww.wolfeboroseniorcenter.org|
|12/19/14||DANCERCIZE||12:30 pm||Ossipee Town Hall Gym||Enjoy an hour of fun & exercise with a low impact DANCERCIZE CLASS! Classes include line dance, walking, stretching & more...and you can work at your own pace. Classes take place Fridays from 12:30 to 1:30 at the Ossipee Town Hall Gym. For more information call 539-1307 or visit www.ossipeerec.org|
|12/19/14||GENEALOGY HELP||6:00 pm||Tuftonboro Free Library||For people interested in genealogy, the Tuftonboro Free Library offers help and answers to your research questions with session Friday from 6pm to 7pm. This program is free and open to all. For more information call 569-4256 or visit www.tuftonborolibrary.org|
|12/20/14||FROZEN - THE MOVIE||12:00 pm||Paul School - Wakefield||Join the Wakefield Parks & Rec as they present FROZEN - The Movie ion the big screen at the Paul School on Saturday December 20th from noon to 2:30pm. There will be an appearance by ELSA herself with photo opportunities. Space is limited. For tickets or more information call 522-9977 or visit www.wakefieldrec.com|